East Sussex, England
£450 - £500 per day
about 2 months ago
Main purpose of the role
Responsible for the operational and strategic management of an identified Departmental service area in the County with direct line management responsibility for Operations Managers, including statutory responsibilities on behalf of East Sussex County Council, budget management, performance management, continuous service improvement and significantly contributing to planning the future and managing change.
- Achieve an efficient and effective delivery of service through the management of people, taking responsibility for the formal operation of the County Council's policies and procedures on personnel and related matters, e.g. recruitment, grievance, disciplinary, etc.
- Take direct line management responsibility for the designated service budget ensuring the achievement of the annual budget target.
- Have responsibility for the achievement of Departmental performance targets, personal business targets, and for providing a clear and regular account of service performance to Operations Management Team, Departmental Management Team, Adult Social Care Scrutiny Committee, etc.
- Ensure the discharge of duties and responsibilities within statutory and Departmental requirements.
- Contribute to the achievement of Corporate, Departmental and Divisional policies through full membership of the Operations Management Team.
- Ensure the efficient and effective delivery of quality services for individuals within the designated area of service, making innovations and improvements and keeping ahead of a changing agenda.
- Lead the operational implementation of processes and mechanisms to meet the ongoing requirements of personalisation and self-directed support in the service area.
- Make a significant contribution to planning the future, the development of strategic plans and change management.
- Ensure that operational practice is promoted in line with strategic developments in order to maintain quality standard and value for money.
- Be responsible for the implementation of the complaints procedure within Departmental guidelines.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.