£400 - £450 per day
19 days ago
Ealing are recruiting for a Mental Health Assistant Head Of Service who will report to the Director of Adult Social Services for the next 6 months.
The post holder will provide oversight of the activities of the social work team for mental health in Ealing where the staff are currently managed under a section 75 by the local mental health trust. The role will involve providing support with social work activity and financial decision making within the teams and report to the DASS. There is also an area of focus on the development of the existing section 75 arrangements with the Trust to better meet the needs of the community and to reflect the Councils strategic direction of travel.
Ealing has a hybrid working model in place and applicants will be supported to work as suits their needs with a minimal number of office based activity for the next 6 months.
Duties will be;
- To lead and manage social work and other teams to ensure comprehensive, consistent, timely, quality and cost-effective services for customers using the Independent Living Service and Occupational Therapy, safeguarding services, Deprivation of Liberty Services, Hospital assessment services and intermediate care for all Adults' customer groups.
- To ensure that appropriate services are planned and delivered to meet assessed need. To ensure that an appropriate urgent response is available to meet unplanned high-risk need. To support staff with complex cases and actions to deal with issues in all areas of the responsibilities of the post. To supervise managers offering expert guidance on professional social work issues and operational matters.
- To lead these services as part of the Independent Living Management Team, including effective business planning, civil emergency strategic planning and service delivery for Older Adults' and people with a disability and for other services within the Adults' Department as required. To manage the services which are the responsibility of the other Assistant Heads of Service as required
- To deploy resources according to the funding available. To be responsible for the monitoring of budgets allocated for the services. To ensure at financial close all budgets are within the financial envelope and to make such savings as are required to do this.
- To ensure all social workers and occupational therapists are registered and maintain the requirements of registration with the Health Professionals Council (HCPC). To ensure that Best Interest Assessors maintain the requirements to practice. To ensure the social workers are compliant with the HCPC Standards of Proficiency for Social Workers in England, the Common Assessment Framework and other requirements of professional practice .OT
- To lead on the ASYE programme for Adults' Services.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.