£20 - £23 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client, Derbyshire County Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Children & Families team.
- To provide social work for all groups within the community.
- To provide statutory intervention and other work with children, young persons and their families, with supervision by the Service Manager.
- To provide social work support to Children Looked After.
- To assess potential foster carers and adoptive carers.
- To provide social work with homeless and potentially homeless persons / families.
- To act as Approved Social Worker under the Mental Health Act, if qualified.
- To act as a Duty Officer within the Area Office, Sub-Office or Call Office, as required.
- To provide direct social work with abused children and their families.
- To undertake joint work with other Social Workers / other professionals in the completion of tasks.
- To assist in the induction of newly qualified / appointed Social Workers.
- To provide consultation to other social work staff on a particular specialism.
- To keep up to date personal knowledge on resource trends, developments, and make use of research evidence in practice.
Children and Families experience (3 years)
Duty & Assessment background.
Must have experience in Court work and care proceedings (from start to finish), private law etc.
We are not looking for those with Looked After, Fostering or Disabled Children experience as their last or current role.
Last role really needs to be children and families area.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly