£28000 - £32000 per annum + DOE
about 2 months ago
To assist the manager in achieving the aims and objectives of the Statement of Purpose. To deputise in the absence of the Registered Manager. To support and manage the staff to enable them to meet the needs of the children and young people. To undertake direct work with Children and young people as appropriate. To be the responsible person in managing child protection concerns and complaints. To work in partnership with other professionals to achieve optimum outcomes for young people. To offer supervision and support to senior staff in line with National Minimum Standards.
- Ensuring that each young person has an allocated key worker
- Ensuring that each member of staff is aware of each child's placement plan and their responsibilities for its implementation
- Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people
- Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model.
- Assist in developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive
- Maintaining accurate written records in logs, continuation sheets and files both to record information and enable regular monitoring and evaluation to take place
- Working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people
- Chairing children's meetings and facilitating consultation with young people generally