£40 - £42 per hour
about 1 month ago
3 x Qualified Social Workers
2 x recruitment officers
1 x marketing officer
1 x business support officer
Up to 6 independent fostering assessors
The Fostering Recruitment and Assessment Manager will be responsible for the delivery of key service strands within Croydon Children's Social Care. They will ensure their development and day-to-day operational delivery, working with colleagues and partner agencies to achieve the objectives of the service, to fulfil quality assurance standards and targets, and to monitor performance.
The successful candidate should be able to:
- Supervise and develop staff to enhance performance.
- Demonstrate effective written / verbal communication / presentation skills and good I.T. skills.
- Use own initiative, work under pressure and manage time, resources and competing priorities in a structured effective way.
- Promote equality and anti-discriminatory practice, and recognise the importance of equality issues for both staff and service users.
- Work flexibly and creatively and a willingness to work some evenings usually by prior arrangement.
- Ensure that the service operates within the framework of the law, policy and agreed schemes of delegated powers and authority.
- Ensure that all assessments are completed within agreed time frame and social work resources are deployed according to the appropriate assessment of risk within the department's priorities and statutory requirements.
- Demonstrate experience of managing a busy foster carer recruitment and assessment team.
If you are interested in this position please send your updated CV in the first instance.