Up to £475 per day
16 days ago
Solutions Architect, Croydon Digital Service
We are looking for a hands-on Solutions Architect to work as part of Croydon's technology & architecture team and with key project teams. They will be responsible for the definition, specification, design and implementation of technical solutions of business and customer led systems.
They will also be part of the Technical Design Authority which will include work on the technical strategy, architecture and roadmap.
The work will be varied and challenging and will include the Council's Azure cloud environment, business applications, Azure data lake, developing the Council's digital platform, data management, supplier procurement.
They will work with Multidisciplinary Teams within the Croydon Digital Service and with multiple suppliers.
- Excellent knowledge of architecture and strategic solutions such as Microsoft Azure, Citrix, Web, Oracle/SQL
- Excellent knowledge of solutions architecture, systems and software design, data analysis, authentication and systems integration.
- Good knowledge of enabling technology and innovative and creative problem-solving techniques
- Good knowledge of Agile methods
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to lead and deliver assigned projects, tasks and activities
- Ability to think strategically, both in the long term and in thinking about the needs of the whole organisation
- Practical problem solver, with a focus on efficiency, value for money and the effective management of conflicting priorities
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation and unafraid to constructively challenge
- Able to work effectively as a team player
- A consistently positive attitude to change
- Considerable experience working in ICT industry
- Experience of significant involvement with enterprise-wide system procurements and implementation, including public and private-sector partners and third parties
- A good track record in architecting ICT solutions or equivalent architecture across ICT platforms and services
- A good level of experience in ICT applications and information architecture and their environments, ensuring availability and performance of business-critical systems
- Significant implementation experience in the aforementioned Strategic Solutions
- Experience of working with senior management, gaining credibility with that level of the organisation
- Detailed domain knowledge in some or all of the following areas which may be backed by qualifications: Cloud, Microsoft technologies, Security, Applications, Data Bases, Azure Data Lake
- Ability to provide clear and unambiguous advice on complex issues
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.