£100 - £110 per day
16 days ago
Are you an graduate who is seeking an opportunity to develop your classroom based experience before applying for a secondary PGCE?
Or are you looking for a flexible role from January 2022 in a secondary school that fits around your current lifestyle?
Responsibilities of a Cover Supervisor:
Cover Supervisors are utilised in secondary schools to provide cover for a class when a teacher is not available. They are employed on a flexible and day-to-day basis to ensure that a teacher can have time away from the classroom to carry out other duties (planning, assessment, or training days). They may also cover lessons for teachers who are away from school due to sickness or for other absences.
If you wish to build on your current experience of working with young people in a classroom setting, becoming a Cover Supervisor is a great and ideal opportunity to utilise your communication and behaviour management skills.
As an Academics Cover Supervisor, you will have:
- A positive can do attitude to respond to busy schools. Calls for work can be from 7:00am in the morning!
- Able to get to schools in Greenwich by 8.30am with 30-60 minutes notice.
- Can work flexible between Monday to Friday. Usual working hours are between 8.30am-4pm
- Hold a current Enhanced DBS that is registered with the Update Service or to be prepared to apply for a new DBS with ourselves (cost applied).
We welcome applications from candidates with experience of:
- Working as an Early Careers Teacher (NQT) or Teaching Assistant in a secondary school setting.
- Sports Coaching/Youth work.
- Leadership in Scouts/Guides/Brownies/Cubs/Rainbows.
- Teaching abroad, teaching adults, or tutoring.
All qualifications and any experience with young people and children will be considered for this role.
If you are interested in flexible Cover Supervisor opportunities ASAP and you are looking to gain further experience in a variety of secondary schools in Greenwich please click 'APPLY NOW' today to submit your most up to date CV for review.