£25 - £34 per hour
6 days ago
Our client Cornwall Council are looking for 2 x QSW to join their Child Protection team.
To provide Social Work Services to vulnerable children and families, and resource providers as directed by the line manager, or Senior Manager. To be the Primary Worker with case responsibility for allocated work, and assist the department in achieving permanence in the best interests of children.
· contribute to the adequate protection of children from harm by assisting in the assessment of risk, and the delivery of support services
· To be Primary Worker with case responsibility for Children in Need, Children
· Looked After by the Local authority, and when appropriate, Children in need of Protection
· For those working in Foster Care and Adoption Services to undertake comprehensive assessments of potential carers to ensure looked after children receive safe and enhancing family experiences
· To produce Assessments of Children in Need and their Families according to DoH
· Guidelines and timescales
· To provide reports for departmental meetings, LAC Reviews, CP Case Conferences, Legal Meetings, Permanence Planning Meetings and Court Hearings and attend these as required
· To work directly with children and their families, foster carers and permanent alternative carers to ensure the best interests of children are met.
· To manage any financial arrangements associated with allocated work
· To ensure that Statutory and Professional requirements are met in line with Legislation and DoH Guidance, this including adherence to National Standards in Adoption, Foster Care, and Residential Care
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.