Bury, Greater Manchester
Up to £30 per hour
5 days ago
our client in Bury, Manchester is looking for a Social Worker to join their children with disabilities team.
The Children with Disabilities Team assesses the care needs of children, young people and their families where a child has a significant and enduring disability and/or health needs. The team works with children under Section2 (CSDP Act 1970), children in need, children who are subject to child protection plans, those who are looked after and who may be subject to court proceedings. The service ensures that children's needs are assessed, planned for and reviewed, bringing together the multi-agency teams around children and young people to assess and meet needs. The service also identifies and manages the provision of short break services where assessed as appropriate.
We are looking to recruit a forward-thinking and experienced qualified social worker, preferably with some experience of working with children with disabilities. Applications from people with a demonstrable interest and who are keen to learn about working with children with disabilities will also be considered. You will have knowledge and experience in safeguarding and working with looked after children.
You will be joining an enthusiastic and experienced team who are passionate about outcomes for children with disabilities. You will contribute to progress as we continue to establish and embed child focussed ways of working with children, young people and families throughout our work. You will be a reliable, dependable team member and a strong team player.
Using the Signs of Safety approach adopted across Bury children's Services, you will be working with partner agencies and will have considerable transferable skills in this area. You will demonstrate an ability to contribute to a positive working environment, with empathy and support. In return we will provide you with regular supervision, the opportunity for progressive professional development and the chance to work with a team dedicated and committed to achieving best outcomes for children in Bury.
Working with Bury
* Flexible Working arrangements with equipment provided for working at home as part of your working week
* Manageable caseloads
* A permanent Senior Management Team
* Membership of the Greater Manchester Pension Fund (a career average-salary scheme).
* A 37 hour working week.
* 25 days' annual leave, rising to 30 days' after five years.
* An Annual Leave Purchase Scheme, allowing you to buy up to ten additional days leave.
* Excellent transport links through buses and trams
* Car users allowance where applicable
* Car park permit discount scheme
* Personal Development Programme
* Full training in Signs of Safety Model of Practice
* Employee Discount Scheme which provides discounts with local businesses as well as car loans, car purchasing, cycling to work, bus travel, taxis and driving courses. Discounts available on Holidays and travel including travel insurance, holidays and currency. Discounts available on legal advice including on loans, mortgages, insurance etc. Discounts on food and drink at local restaurants, cafes and bars, hair salons, beauty salons, healthcare products, exercise classes, and discounted gym membership.
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.