18 days ago
BSL Communication Support Worker - Newham, East London
Remedy Education are looking for a BSL Communication Support Worker to join our amazing school based in Newham, East London. This is a full-time position starting ASAP on a long term contract.
You will be based within the classroom supporting students who are deaf and have hearing impairments, some of the students are in wheelchairs and need a high level of support.
The successful applicant will hold a Level 3 BSL qualification (Signature / CACDP) as well as practical experience of using BSL.
As a BSL CSW your role will include:
- Be the first point of call for the pupil
- Setting new learning targets
- Being a general support to the pupil
- Supporting the teacher as and when required
- Must have previous experience supporting pupils with hearing impairments
- Ideally have Level 3 in British Sign Language
The role will be working in a college in Newham supporting students with BSL needs and is paid on an hourly basis.