Up to £35 per hour
4 months ago
* Need to be well organised and have the ability to communicate effectively and give clear, articulate evidence in care proceedings.
* Write reports to a high standard, that are concise, evidence based for court and adoption panel.
* Meet court timelines for submission of statements, care plans and placement orders and to effectively parallel plan for children considering all relevant options to secure permanent safe care at the earliest opportunity for the child.
* Undertake assessments, plan appropriate interventions and work creatively with children and families who are in care proceedings.
* Have a good understanding of safeguarding thresholds and ability to assess and analyse risk; good knowledge of child development, attachment and permanency needs of children of all ages.
* Be able to effectively undertake direct work with children and to have the child at the centre of all care work planning.
* Hold a limited caseload to ensure that you implement the highest standards of practice.
* Work in partnership with colleagues, across teams and specialisms and partner agencies to ensure that there is effective and timely assessments undertaken of the holistic needs of children and their families. This will include working in partnership with solicitors and Guardians within the court arena.
* Undertake assessments and risk analysis based on informed professional judgement and use of primary evidence to evaluate how well the parent has made changes or not to safely care for the child to majority or whether alternative plans should be implemented.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.