Bradford, West Yorkshire
£25 - £29 per hour
7 days ago
Our client Bradford Council are looking for a QSW to join their Older people Mental Health team.
Key Purpose of Post
This Job Profile relates to case holding social workers in the following teams:
· Throughcare and After Care
Main Responsibilities of Post
1. To provide a Social Work service to individuals, their families and carers by assessing and identifying their needs and meeting them through direct therapeutic work, care planning and management. To be able to integrate a theoretical approach with practice.
2. Provide expert witness and give evidence to court and other relevant bodies as required, including evidence in court in proceedings and including the presentation of reports and application of appropriate Legal Orders.
3. Manage a caseload; exercising decision making in line with professional criteria and making sure that case work is appropriately planned, critically evaluated and reviewed.
4. Make appropriate use of legislation to safeguard and promote the welfare of service users, facilitating their consultation and participation.
5. To contribute to multi-disciplinary assessments and participate in reviews and planning meetings.
6. Ensure appropriate care for service users. To ensure the best use of existing mainstream and specialist resources, and to demonstrate innovation with these resources, where appropriate.
7. Accept responsibility for and supervision of service users who are provided with care services and review such cases, undertaking preventative work with them to diminish safeguarding concerns.
8. Work in partnership with other agencies and organisations in line with the responsibility outlined in this job profile, in order to fulfil the provisions of a Social Work service. Maintain contact with a wide range of statutory and voluntary sector professionals for information exchange, the exercise of judgment and in order to influence outcomes in case planning and decision making.
9. Investigate concerns of significant harm.
10. To maintain up to date, accurate, concise and purposeful records of work, in-line with departmental policy on recording and access to files.
11. To participate continuously in professional development opportunities, identifying and acting on learning needs and taking part in regular supervision and appraisal in-line with Social Work registration and HCPC standards.
12. Independently manage own workload seeking support and investigating solutions for workload difficulties.
13. Provide support and mentoring for newly qualified staff and volunteers as required, assisting in the development of new resources and work on specialist projects.
14. Apply Social Work ethical principles and values to guide your professional practice and decision making, including partnership with service users.
15. To act in accordance with the priorities and policies of the Department, actively promoting and supporting Council policies on equality and work in an anti- oppressive manner.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.