£44 - £45 per hour
3 months ago
Our client, Bournemouth Christchurch and Poole Council is looking for an Independent Reviewing Officer to join their team.
- combined caseloads (CP and CIC)
- hybrid working
- To maintain robust systems for the planning and review of children subject to child protection plans and children in care by: ▪ chairing both child protection conferences and planning meetings ▪ chairing statutory child in care reviews ▪ chairing reviews of foster carer's approval ▪ contributing to the quality assurance framework ▪ being a champion for children ▪ participating as a member of the Safeguarding Team
- To contribute to an effective mechanism for child protection conferences and child in need planning meetings within the authority.
- To contribute to the reviewing system for children in care or the reviewing of foster carer approvals.
- To act as a lead on quality assurance and to support the work of senior managers to encourage effective planning for children in care and those subject to child protection plans.
- To lead on or contribute to, as appropriate, the development and dissemination of policy and procedure for children in care and/or children subject to child protection plans.
- To offer advice to the staff of the Children's Services and other local agencies in areas for which there is a key responsibility.
It is anticipated that although as a conference and review co-ordinator you will be expected to be able to undertake all of the following, that there may be lead responsibilities in either child protection, children in care or foster carer reviews.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.