Up to £24.25 per hour
14 days ago
Our client Blackpool council is looking for a social worker to work in a busy team and to work with people who have alearning disability and their families who are often their career's. you will undertake Care Act assessments and meet any unmet identified needs, this may be via the commissioning of a care package.
Length of contract is 12 weeks in the first instance
The provision of professional social work support and interventions to enable individuals to maximise and maintain their independence and quality of life in a range of settings.
To support individuals, their families and carers to ensure that their social care needs are met by undertaking holistic assessments, the provision of advice and information and facilitating access to a range of services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake assessments/reviews and where appropriate the commissioning of services in line with departmental policies and procedures and statutory guidance eg: The Care Act (2014).
- To understand and take appropriate part in the department's safeguarding adults' procedures. This includes, identification, investigation and at H2 taking the role of Safeguarding Lead.
- To work closely with other teams, including undertaking joint assessments, with providers, carers and external agencies to deliver outcome focused services to individuals and their families
- To fully comply with departmental policies and procedures and the Health and Care Professionals Council's Code of Conduct for Social Workers including the capability framework.
- To comply with the requirements of the Care Act (2014) by empowering individuals to make informed choices
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current issues and developments relating to social care and the wider health and social care agenda.
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in professional supervision and staff meetings
Fully utilise the Department's IT facilities to maintain accurate records and record decisions in line with both statutory and departmental requirements and comply with administrative and financial procedures
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.