£25 - £26 per hour
about 1 month ago
THIS ROLE IS FOR A LOCAL AUTHORITY CHILDREN'S HOME RESIDENTIAL TEAM MANAGER.
Blackburn with Darwen Children's Services seek a temporary Residential Homes Manager for a Children's Home based a few minutes from the town centre in Blackburn. This role may be required for 12 - 18 months.
There are 4 children who can reside in the home at any one time on a long term basis.
You will offer a safe and nurturing home environment for the children in our care who will benefit from this offer, helping to maintain their relationships with their own communities, be near to their family and friendships groups, accessing the services that they know and know them and continuity of their social work relationships.
You will need to provide the day to day management of the service in keeping with Legislation and Guidance, the Authority's Policies and Procedures and good professional practice ensuring best practice and outcomes for the children in the home. This will include continued development and delivering a range of interventions and strategies to support our children to achieve their full potential whilst they are in our care and move on from these arrangements.
KNOWLEDGE required includes:
* Knowledge of child and adolescent development which includes the needs of children, young people, parents, carers and families.
* In depth Knowledge of legislation relating to children and young people which includes Ofsted Children's Homes Regulations & Quality Standards, Children Act and National Guidance and Policy.
* Specific knowledge of Ofsted Inspections including regulation 40 - notifications, monitoring and Regulation 44 and 45 process.
* Knowledge of the system of Care Planning and Reviewing for Children in Our Care.
* In-depth and up to date knowledge of Childcare legislation and current safeguarding legislation.
The role requires the holder:
* To provide management of the children's home in keeping with OFSTED Legislation and Guidance, the Authority's Policies and Procedures and good professional practice.
* To achieve the objectives of the statement of purpose for the children's home.
* To work alongside the Head of Service for Children in Our Care and Permanence and the Service Leader for Placement to lead and manage a service that aims to offer the right care for our children at the right time with the bespoke support that they need.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Diploma Level 4 and 5 which is equivalent to the NVQ 4 Health and Social Care/Leadership and Management or be working towards it, other equivalent qualifications to be considered (in an associated field i.e. Child Care, Youth Work, Working with Children and Young People).
* Social Work degree
* Within the last 5 years, worked for at least 2 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children.
* Worked for at least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role.
The candidate must be a car driver and have access to a car.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.