£32 - £35 per hour
10 days ago
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure permanence for children through adoption, and cover statutory responsibilities for them between Placement Order and Adoption Order.
2. MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Track children with a possible plan of adoption, offering advice and support on care planning by attending Care Planning Meetings
- Highlight cases where Early Permanence could be an option, seek appropriate families and complete relevant paperwork with support from case holding social worker
- Explore sibling adopters at the earliest possible opportunity and refer to Recruitment for assessment where appropriate after a thorough viability
- Attend Agency Decision Consultation Meetings to advise on specific cases and gather information for profiling
- Create Early Alert Profiles for children in a timely fashion and start initial family finding
- Take case responsibility including all Looked After Child statutory responsibilities from the point of Placement Order
- Complete direct work with children to continue to prepare them for adoption and give them an understanding of their life story to date
- Create Adoption Support Plans which identify needs and propose relevant interventions to meet these needs, liaising with Post Adoption Support
- Identify adoptive families for children and complete paperwork and processes to ensure that matches are achieved within timescales wherever possible, liaising with Recruitment in the first instance, and where necessary, external agencies to achieve this
- Support with the placement of children within adoptive families and continue with statutory Looked After Child responsibilities to the point of Adoption Order
- Ensure that records remain up to date and create an Adoption File for every child - LA and Adoption Now recording
- Compile Life Story Books and update Later Life Letters
- Ensure that Direct or Indirect Family Time agreements are in place for all children
- Where appropriate follow procedures for reversal of adoption plans including full assessments of birth parents
- Engage in regular supervision sessions, ensuring that your manager is kept up to date with relevant developments on case held and tracked cases - usually take place in Bolton
- Engage in team meetings and contribute to the development of the team as a whole - take place in Bolton
- Take part in a duty rota based in Bolton
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.