£32 - £35 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client, Bexley Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Children's MASH team.
Purpose of Job
- To ensure that all statutory requirements for Looked After Children are met.
- Encourage all client groups to use the services and resources that are directly provided by the Service or other agencies.
- To make effective and efficient decisions within a statutory framework to ensure that Looked After Children with complex needs achieve permanence and are safeguarded.
- To be ambitious and effective in practice to help change lives and make a sustainable difference. Be innovative, creative and passionate in management , case mapping and care planning .
- Provide a casework management service to Looked
- Apply the legal requirements of The Children Act 1989, The Children [Leaving Care] Act 2000 and as it relates to the client groups. Including Independent Needs Assessment, Care Planning and Pathway Plan reviews
- Apply the policies and procedures of Bexley Council - as they apply to the client groups.
- Work in partnership with other targeted and universal services to create holistic support packages for young people.
- Contribute to other forms of service delivery.
- Attend and contribute to case conferences, reviews and meetings.
- Provide written reports and assessments, provide management information and maintain case records.
- Provide court reports for cases in care proceedings
- Involve and consult with clients and their families in all matters relating to their welfare and development.
- Ensure, with other staff and volunteers that people from ethnic minorities and special needs groups receive services that are appropriate to their needs and are not discriminated against in their access to services.
- Contribute to the maintenance and updating of the teams financial and statistical systems.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post, which may be required.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.