27 days ago
Behaviour Mentor for Male students - Newham, East London
Our school specialises in meeting the needs of pupils with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties and social communication difficulties, including children on the autistic spectrum. Across the school there are a range of specialist expertise in the area of social, emotional and behavioural needs and social communication difficulties. The school operates in as empathic manner as possible to take account of these varied special needs. Seeking positive role models and behaviour mentors for 13 to 16 years old.
As a Behaviour Mentor, you will provide support to pupils in small groups of 6 with a teacher or on a 1:1 basis. Opportunities for academic, sporting, vocational and social growth are offered throughout the school , the care and education offered by the school ensures that the children who progress and graduate from the school have the skills and self-confidence to look after themselves, care for others, gain long-term employment and lead adult lives that are happy, healthy and fulfilled.
This is a full time support position potentially up until the end of the 2019/2020 academic school year, with a competitive daily rate.
- Managing pupil's behaviour.
- Ensuring students engage with lessons, providing academic support and working under the instruction of the class teacher.
- Helping the students with their life skills.
For this role, you will have:
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools, Pupil Referral Units or in Youth Work.
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience.
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour.
- Happy to work one to one and small group work.
- An enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach.