£75 - £85 per day
13 days ago
Long term perm
Are you a flexible and resilient individual?
Do you have a passion for working as a SEN teaching assistant?
If yes is the answer, then you may be the perfect candidate for this role. We have exciting opportunities due to growth of this school for motivated and highly supportive SEN Learning Support Assistants. You could join a supportive and growing team in a specialised SEN school to progress in your career within SEN Education.
Supporting the Class Teacher within well-resourced and extremely creative lessons.
Constant assessment of the individual needs of pupils to ensure they are progressing.
Evaluating and reporting pupils' progress to teachers, carers and health care professionals by following their EHCP's.
Managing challenging behaviour in a positive way including de-escalation techniques.
You will be working both 1:1 and within small groups so team fit and excellent communication is key!
The successful candidate will have some experience with in:
- Autism Spectrum Condition - ASC
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - ADHD
- Severe Learning Difficulties - SLD
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties - PMLD
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health - SEMH
- Experience of de-escalation techniques, Picture Exchange Communication (PECS) and Makaton would be advantageous.
Remedy Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.