£16 - £18 per hour
about 1 month ago
- Undertake comprehensive assessment of customers' housing needs and wishes in line with the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- Provide specialist advice across a whole range of issues such as housing, welfare benefits, financial well-being and employment, referring customers to specialist agencies and departments for additional assistance where appropriate.
- Manage a caseload of customers, working with each to offer an individual and empowering service to customers in housing need, producing a personalised housing plan for each customer and ensuring it is kept under regular review.
- Deliver innovative, tailored solutions to meet housing need using a variety of means including close liaison with the Private Rented Sector Team to secure good quality, affordable private rented accommodation through one of the Council's private sector access schemes.
- Maintain a thorough and up to date understanding of homeless legislation, Landlord and Tenant Law, The Housing Act 1996 (as amended), the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and welfare benefit regulations.
- Gain and maintain comprehensive knowledge of other statutory and third sector organisations in the local area as well as those that operate nationally with a view to drawing on appropriate practical help and support for customers in housing need.
- Contribute to the development of working relationships and protocols with internal Council departments as well as external agencies such as Social Services, Probation, Police and local housing providers.
- Work across the Housing Solutions Service and, in particular, with colleagues in the Temporary Accommodation and Private Rented Sector Teams to ensure the timely provision of interim accommodation and expediency of affordable private rented sector accommodation as a long-term prevention or relief of homelessness.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.