Up to £400 per hour
17 days ago
Barnet Council's adult social care directorate has a significant level of client debt, which has increased in recent years. We need a project lead to both systematically address a significant proportion of these debts and simultaneously review and improve how we work to prevent levels of debt escalating in future and manage debts that do accrue.
The candidate will need to have:
* A good understanding of adult social care and ideally of debt prevention and management, including an understanding of the potential vulnerabilities of this cohort
* The ability to drive forward work at pace, keeping people motivated and enabling high performance
* A systematic approach and a focus on detail, being able to track and report on progress. Financial literacy is important.
* The ability to analyse existing ways of working and make evidence-based, compelling recommendations for improvements
* The ability to deal with complexity and manage multiple stakeholders, including external agencies
* Sensitivity and understanding of how services need to interact with potentially vulnerable people
* Lead on a project to address outstanding adult social care client debt and review and make improvements to the existing system in terms of debt prevention and management.
* Define, scope and mobilise project to ensure alignment with strategic aims, necessary resources are identified, activities are clear and scheduled, and that there are robust benefits realisation and risk management frameworks in place, along with effective controls and reporting are clear Engage with external legal agencies to understand how they can best support debt recovery, especially focussing on unsecured debts relating to people who have passed away.
* Support recruitment of high-quality additional resources to process outstanding client debts
* Co-ordinate project team of additional resources to address outstanding adult social care client debt, ensuring that the right cases are prioritised and allocated, barriers are removed, and that the team works effectively and efficiently together
* Develop effective management information and reporting on debt recovery, so that progress of progress of processing outstanding debt cases is visible and supports effective targeting and administration
* Ensure that identified quick wins are delivered at pace, including: o Reviewing and updating debt recovery procedures o Reviewing and updating communications materials for people who contribute to the cost of their care o Updating training materials and practice guidance for all social care practitioners, and ensuring adequate training o Making changes to the existing Mosaic case management system o Improving accuracy of addresses on case management system(s)
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.