Barking and Dagenham, London
£34000 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
Our client, Barking & Dagenham is looking for a childrens social worker to join their Life Planning Team, Disability Service.
- Within the context of the Care Act 2014, provide person-centred social work intervention, enabling service users to be safe, optimise and maintain their independence and wellbeing, and promote their inclusion as full citizens in their homes and the local community.
- To specialise in adult's social work, whilst gaining skills and knowledge in the other specialism (either children's social work or adults depending on their existing specialism), to develop expertise in life planning.
- To provide a high standard of social work to users arising out of the Council's duties and powers under legislation, and in line with divisional policy, procedures and guidelines and the SWE (Social Work England), or successor body's, Code of Conduct/Code of Ethics for Social Workers and the Professional Capabilities Framework.
Specific Accountabilities of the Role
- To provide a social work service for Children with disabilities, and their families and carers, in line with job description below.
- To act as a social worker providing effective social work services to children and young people with disabilities and their families and carers, with the purpose of safeguarding them, promoting their welfare, wellbeing and independence, respecting their dignity and choice, and aiming to prevent, reduce or delay the need for care and support.
- To discharge the authority's responsibilities under the Children and Families Act 2014 and other relevant legislation in respect of children with disabilities, children in need, children in need of protection and those in the care of the local authority.
- Undertake responsibilities towards children in the care of the authority, including:
- Formulating and progressing care plans in line with national and local procedures;
- Ensuring that the health and education needs of all children in care are met in accordance with National Standards; and
- Ensuring that all procedural requirements with respect to reviewing, consultation and recording are adhered to.
- To work closely with the Court Progression Manager in ensuring compliance and consistency across the service.
- To promote timely permanency planning for children in care in accordance with the Adoption Act 2002.
- To support the development of systemic practice across the Children's Social Care Division.
- To complete assessments including risk assessments, Parental Capacity Assessments, Special Guardianship Order assessments and contribute to multi-agency assessments as appropriate.
- To carry a caseload of the most complex cases including complex safeguarding enquiries, complex family proceedings and children deemed to be at high risk of significant harm.
- Demonstrate the ability to record to a high standard capturing the voice of the child, showing evidence of analysis and reflection throughout.
- Provide support and mentoring to less experienced colleagues.
- To share specialist social work knowledge and research across the Life Planning Team.
- Maintain professional standards of practice and work in accordance with the Health and Social Care Professions Council (or its successor bodies) Code of Conduct/Code of Ethics for Social Workers, and the Council's values, strategic objectives, procedures and managerial guidance.
- Work within the London Child Protection procedures to undertake key work responsibilities for children subject to a child protection plan
- Deputise for the Consultant Social Worker where required.
- Assist the Team Manager to investigate complaints.
- Chair multi agency meetings; determine, implement and review plans from meetings.
- To work collaboratively with other Council Divisions, Statutory Agencies including Health, Education and Police, and other independent and voluntary service providers.
- Contribute to multi-disciplinary assessments and case conferences as required.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.