Barking and Dagenham, London
£400 - £450 per day
about 2 months ago
- To lead on the development and implementation of strategies and policies that will successfully deliver an exemplary borough wide service.
- To be responsible for continuously reviewing services to ensure they meet the current and future needs of the borough.
- To plan the deployment of resources to ensure that the borough benefits from excellent and improving standards to Recycling & Waste, Passenger Transport and Fleet Management & Workshop services.
- To oversee the management and development of the team and associated budgets, Health and Safety, monitor compliance with relevant legislation, statutory duties and Council policies to manage risk effectively.
- To be named on HGV Operator Licence and oversee the management of compliance and delivery against relevant legislation and Council policies
- To provide expert advice to the Council, elected Members and other stakeholders on changes to legislation, emerging technologies and trends within the sector.
- Support the Director with the development of the Council's approach to provide excellent, value for money, customer focussed services. This includes leading on delivering targets, translating corporate objectives and the local priorities.
Specific Accountabilities of the Role
The post holder will:
- Develop short, medium and long term strategic plans and priorities for the related services to deliver on agreed organisational objectives and ensure that outcomes are achieved to meet internal and external customers.
- Lead on continuous improvement to related services, processes and procedures.
- Ensure that managers operate within the service plan and adequately resource day to day operations to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Lead or support project teams or initiatives within the department to ensure that benefits are realised and service performance is maximised.
- Prepare and present briefings and reports for the Director, Chief Executive and appropriate council committee meetings on workforce and staff, operational and budgetary matters, service delivery against performance indicators.
- Develop, implement and maintain regular communication methods to ensure that all staff are kept informed of current operational matters, service priorities and best practice, involve them in the improvement of the service.
- Provide strong, visible leadership and professional management, leading by example, in promoting a culture of ownership, professionalism in the day-to-day delivery of services.
For this role you must have the Transport CPC.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.