Waltham Abbey, Essex
13 days ago
ASD Specialist Teaching Assistant - Waltham Abbey, Essex
Remedy Education are looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant with experience with ASD to work 1:1 with an SEN Child in a Primary & Secondary SEN School in Waltham Abbey, Essex.
- Experience of working with special needs children aged 5 - 18 years
- Experience of teaching children with ASD and other associated challenging behaviours
- Ability to manage confrontation & challenging behaviour
- Ability to adapt and respond to children needs and plan accordingly
- Work well in a team & individually
- Have a positive can-do attitude and be passionate about helping vulnerable children
Training for working with SEN children (Team teach, Makaton, PECS etc) and/or relevant education (Degree/Diploma/Courses) would only compliment your application for this position.
Exposure to ABA (applied behaviour analysis) would be excellent.
Our Clients are educational establishments (schools, authorities & agencies) seeking experienced Special Needs Assistants to start ASAP for day to day and long term contracts which possibly lead to permanent contracts for an ideal candidate.
You need an enhanced DBS certificate to be considered for this role.