£150 - £180 per day
22 days ago
Remedy Education are currently seeking to recruit a qualified teacher of Art and Design, with a proven track record of producing good grades within their Art department, for a large secondary school based in Lewisham. The school has recently been awarded a 'Good' Ofsted grade and with a new head teacher and senior leadership team this school is set to go from strength to strength.
The position is full time, teaching the curriculum across the KS3 and KS4 age range with a variety of different abilities from the basics of art to supporting students with their final major projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for all of the planning, teaching and assessment involved within the role. The school are looking for the new member of their team to bring an innovative approach to their teaching style with creative and engaging and interactive lessons. The position is due to start in September 2021 and is initially for one term but could be extended for the right candidate. ECTs are welcome to apply for this post.
What you will require:
- Relevant qualifications (Teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert. Ed etc.) or equivalent
- Evidence of good classroom control
- A track record of demonstrating a strong ability to teach, plan and prepare lessons to Ofsted standards
- A strong and creative approach to teaching and raising attainment
- A commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
- A confident and positive approach to working with children
- The ability to be a proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
- An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
- A passion for education within your subject
- A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
- ECTs are very welcome to apply
- A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Remedy
What we offer:
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
- 'Recommend a Friend' bonus
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.