Solihull, West Midlands
Up to £16.25 per hour + Negotiable
about 1 month ago
- To operate at all times within the professional ethics and disciplines of social work as described by the HCPC Social Worker Standards of Proficiency.
- Engage and develop positive working relationships in order to effectively support people and carers involving advocates and other professionals where appropriate
- Undertake holistic asset based assessment and review of a person or carer's needs and outcomes.
- Apply the National Eligibility Criteria consistently and fairly ensuring that people understand the rationale behind decision making.
- Provide comprehensive sign posting, information and advice to promote the person's independence and wellbeing, meeting their needs and outcomes
- Facilitate the development of Care and Support plans (and Carer's Support Plans) which are outcome focussed, realistic and represent value for money, maximising the use of community resources and informal networks
- Facilitate the provision of personal budgets by encouraging the use of Direct Payments or where appropriate arranging services
- Assess and agree risk management strategies that enable positive risk taking where appropriate
- Identify, report and investigate safeguarding concerns in line with the Directorate's policy and procedures
- Respond to unexpected or difficult events in people's lives promptly and effectively
- Ensure that people's records are accurate and recording is completed in a timely manner as per the Directorate policy and procedure
- Ensure the effective prioritisation of work which balances the needs of people who have care and support needs and the expectations of the Organisation
- Work in line with relevant policy, procedures and legislation including the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and The Mental Health Act 1983.
- Participate effectively in supervision, performance and development reviews, team meetings, working groups and other Organisational meetings as required, with a view to ensuring personal and organisational continuous improvement.
- Willingness to undertake development opportunities such as Best Interest Assessor, Approved Mental Health Practitioner and Practice Educator training and to utilise the learning from those opportunities in practice
- To participate in the Council's major disaster plan and processes as required
- Carry out such duties that are commensurate with the grade of the post.