Kingston upon Thames, London
£30 - £32 per hour
24 days ago
The Youth Justice team sits within the Targeted Youth Support Service. AfC Early Help offer is based on strong evidence best practice and is underpinned by the assessment of need and locality model of working. The Early Help directorate enables effective partnership working, evidence based practice aligned to our practice model, and supports locally commissioned services across our geographical areas. About the role The key objectives of the Youth Justice Team are to prevent and reduce offending by children and young people, working with high risk repeat offenders to prevent re-offending, promoting and maximising the welfare and the safeguarding of young people that have entered criminal youth justice system and Increasing awareness and confidence in the youth justice system.
This post wil be the link for probation as it is covering the secondee YOS probation officers role Key areas include:
* Case management of high risk/likelihood of re-offending cases: assessment, planning and delivery of interventions
* Preparation of pre-sentence reports
* Holding cases which have been identified for transition
* Liaison and sentence planning with CRC and NPS regarding transition cases
* Acting as an in-house 'expert' on MAPPA and assessing risk of harm
* Providing a reference service to NPS interventions
* Identifying Care leavers and establishing links with Social workers
* Maintaining timely, accurate and concise recording
* Keeping up-to-date with NPS developments, policy and procedures and new legislation whilst maintaining contact with the NPS link Manager and local teams.
* Liaising with victim units as appropriate and Restorative Justice in accordance with YOS procedures
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.