£27 - £32 per hour
PSTech - Med - Dee_1580917251
16 days ago
2 Private Sector Housing Technical Officers, Medway, £27-£32ph
As a Private Sector Housing Technical Officer, you will provide a specialist enforcement, renewal and advisory service to fulfil statutory obligations ensuring properties in the private sector comply with national standards.
Main duties include:
- Inspecting homes in response to requests for service from persons, in particular private sector tenants, relating to residential accommodation, and either providing advice or taking necessary action to remedy the situation.
- You will have regular contact with landlords, advice organisations e.g. CAB, and other council teams and will need to be able to explain the Council's policies, procedures, and national legislation to ensure all stakeholders are aware of their rights and responsibilities with regards to improving housing standards.
- An understanding of local authority funding and financial measures
- Demonstrable ability to carry out a range of tasks and understand the procedures associated with them. Ability to use equipment provided and possess the written and numerical skills needed to compile straightforward reports, correspondence, calculations, carry out assessments
- A suitable qualification in housing, environmental health, building surveying or equivalent practical experience or property based qualification
- Certified competency in the Housing Health and Safety Rating System
- Car driver/owner essential as the role involves carrying out inspections.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout London giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.