9 days ago
Year 5 Teaching Assistant - Hackney, East London
Remedy Education are currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant for a year 5 class in a lovely Primary School. The role is a mainstream role, and would be working generally around the classroom supporting students of all needs (not 1:1 SEN but may spend some time supporting students that are low-attaining or have behavioural issues.
The role will be providing academic support to students inside and outside of the classroom.
Some responsibilities would be:
- Taking students aside for focused learning, this could be either one-to-one or small group interventions for students of similar academic levels (spelling/reading groups)
- KS2 English & Maths support, preparing students for SATS
- Creating engaging activities for children (e.g Arts & Crafts/Design/Sports)
- Supporting children that need help with concentration or curricular help
- Working closely with the teacher to devise lesson plans and classroom organisation & management (e.g. seating plans, decorating the classroom, golden time)
- Liaising with teacher, parents and SLT on student development
- Attending schools trips with students
- Breakfast club/ Lunchtime/ Afterschool club cover
Graduates are preferred, but not essential.
The role will be starting immediately from September 2021.
To be considered for this role please send me your CV & Enhanced DBS.