£75 - £85 per day
about 2 months ago
Long term perm
Year 3 Special Needs Teaching Assistant | Southwark | Starting Tuesday 19th April
Remedy Education are looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant with experience working with children with ASD and Global Delay.
Contract Details for the LSA role:
- Location - Southwark
- Position - Year 3 - 1:1 support
- The role is for a 1:1 teaching assistant to work with a boy in Y3 with a diagnosis of ASD. He is verbal and can participate in whole-class lessons with the support of an adult. He also attends targeted intervention by himself and with groups as he is behind in the curriculum. This child does need support with emotional regulation so the adult will need to work on this with him. He has never been aggressive towards an adult, but there have been times where he has hurt another child during a social situation.
- Start date - April 2022
- Contract type - Temporary leading to permanent
- Full time/part time - Full time Monday to Friday
- Minimum rate of pay - £75 - £85 per day
Experience, Training and Qualifications for the role:
- Previous LSA/SEN experience is required, ideally within the SEN Sector, although this is not essential providing you have the right attitude and desire.
- Previous experience working with challenging behaviour would be advantageous
- A passion for working with children with ASD/Global Delay.
- Pro Active in the classroom and a willingness to join in with class activities.
- You should have lots of energy and enthusiasm with a positive attitude towards working with SEN students.
To be eligible for the LSA role through Remedy Education you must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Remedy Education is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role, then please refer them to us and you could earn £100 from our Refer a Friend scheme.