10 days ago
Our client, Wrexham County Borough Council is looking for a Head of Service for their Safeguarding and Quality Assurance post.
To assist with the specific management across of the Prevention & Social Care Department in order to ensure the effective delivery of provision in a defined area of service and contribute to the overall management of the Safeguarding People Service. The above will be undertaken within the relevant statutory framework, the policies of the Council and the management directives of the Head of Department.
- To contribute to the overall management, planning and performance of the Adult Social Care and Prevention & Social Care Department, as a full member of the Management Teams and hence to the management of the Council as a whole.
- To contribute to and share in the management, effective delivery and monitoring of Children's Services objectives as described in the Department's Single Plan, the National Service Framework for Children, Young People and Maternity Services, Adult Business Plan, Statutory Frameworks, Social Services WellBeing Bill and national government circulars. This will involve working in new and challenging situations with the need to respond to diverse issues with wide ranging service and policy implications.
- To effectively manage risk at an operational and strategic level.
- To operate in accordance with objectives, targets and timescales laid down by the Head of Prevention & Social Care.
- To have overall responsibility for the commissioning, planning and performance of a wide range of Safeguarding services.
- To ensure that services delivered by the Department are based upon proper assessment of the needs and wishes of service users and offer appropriate choice and personal control.
- To ensure that services are delivered in an accessible way and are responsive to the needs of local communities across the Borough.
To provide strategic leadership, direction and support to appropriate managers responsible for the management of services across the Department and those involved in regional collaborative services and to ensure that effective links are made between services carrying out work across a range of major functions; advising the Council on high level complex issues; and acting on behalf of the Council.
To establish clear budget management discipline within a system of delegated budgets across the Prevention & Social Care Department to ensure that spending remains in budget.
To ensure that the performance of the service is regularly reviewed and maintained and that performance management is embedded in the service.
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.