WL - WEC_1526463115
8 months ago
Work Experience Coordinator - SEN School - Enfield - September 2018 Start
My superb client based in the heart of Enfield is looking to recruit a work experience coordinator to join their supported internship programme.
The supported internship programme is for young people aged 16-24 who have additional needs and are able and ready to move into employment but require extra support in doing so.
The main purpose of the role is to coordinate work experience for young people aged 14+ and to ensure they are all travel trained where appropriate.
As the Work Experience Coordinator you will consult with young people on their interests and plan placements according to their individual needs, you will also source relevant placements with local employers.
You will be responsible for all training wether it be travel training, health and safety training or risk assesment training depending on the student and the nature of the role. You will organise workshops and visits from employers to support careers education in schools along with setting up interviews for placements where necessary and prepare/accompany young people.
- Willingness to undertake both on and off the job training when deemed necessary - Essential
- Hold a qualification in coaching, mentoring or independent travel training - Desirable
- Have experience of working with external agencies/employers liasing regularly with key stakeholders - Essential
- Experience of organising and managing a caseload of clients with complex needs - Essential
- Experience of delivering results and meeting targets in a face paced environment to deadline - Essential
- Highly effective use of IT systems to support strategic functions - Essential
My client is a specialist sports college and innovative school based over three campuses where everyone is valued and included. Everything they do is focussed on providing 'Learning for Life' for pupils aged 4-24 with special educational needs.
Their ethos is centred towards innovation, independence and inclusion. Placing great importance on personalised learning, our curriculum is built around literacy, communication, numeracy, ICT, independence, health, creativity and confidence. Our aim is to equip each pupil with a 'suitcase' of skills to help them progress on to further education and into the world of work.
With caring teachers and support staff, they offer a safe, secure learning environment and meet the daily pastoral and academic needs of all our pupils. With classes based over three campuses, each providing a distinct pathway to learning and development, we provide outstanding levels of encouragement and support.
If you feel this is the right role for you then please feel free to contact Hollie Myers at Remedy Education on 020-8418-1390