£20 - £23.81 per hour
about 2 months ago
Our client, Worcestershire Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Adult Services.
Purpose of job:
- To ensure that the outcome of all work with adults in need of care and support, and with their carers, is to promote their wellbeing.
- To ensure that opportunities to prevent, delay or defer the need for intensive services are maximised by ensuring opportunities for re-ablement and independent living are always considered and explored, enhancing individual and family resilience.
- To carry out and review Needs Assessments & Care and Support Plans for individuals and their carers in a timely and effective way ensuring that they are involved fully in the process.
Main Activities & Responsibilities:
- Engaging with people to understand the reason for their contact and their presenting needs and to consider options for resolving these at an early stage.
- To ensure information and advice is provided in the most appropriate format to the individual.
- To identify with the individual the outcomes they wish to achieve.
- To work with the individual in their local environment supporting the individual to build support within their local community
- To determine eligibility under the Care Act 2014
- To undertake proportionate needs assessments/care and support plans within designated timescales, taking into account the individual, locally agreed performance standard`s.
- To work closely with primary care/community services/hospital teams/voluntary community services.
- To liaise with other professionals and carry out joint needs assessments as appropriate.
- To ensure assessments and care and support plans are person centred, asset based and outcome focussed, concentrating on what the person with care and support needs, or carer is able to do, maximising wellbeing within a whole family approach.
- To meet statutory requirements and follow best practice in relation to the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- To consider and arrange independent advocacy as required under the Care Act 2014.
- To consider eligibility for Continuing NHS Healthcare, completing CHC Checklists and referring on to request that a full Decision Support Tool is completed and contributing to this appropriate.
- To ensure that the needs of carers are identified and appropriately met through creative support planning.
- To ensure that carers are appropriately sign-posted to the range of information, advice and support services available
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly