£300 - £600 per day
29 days ago
Over the past 3 - 4 months we have seen a number of issues with the meetings at WCH. Some of these could be potentially relating to various technologies at play such as wireless, networks, the device configurations, the devices itself etc. Brief. In addition staff are going to be returning to the office and we want to ensure as they return to this new hybrid way of working, the council offices in particular the Victoria street building are set up to enable them to be their most productive.
Over the year we have made decisions on contracts and suppliers that are not the most effective and we want to review our entire workplace technology set up and have a modern, forward looking approach of technology that is flexible, agile and caters to the new style of working.
We are looking for an individual to:
* Lead and manage a review of all our workplace technology in place including managing and leading on AV review being carried out by a supplier -following on from the review of the workplace tech and the various elements involved, provide recommendations and quick actions to ensure technology is used in the optimum way and the council can be a modern, leading enabler.
* Respond to senior manager issues which are highly visible and political and assist with the diagnosis and initial investigation of incidents reported at Westminster City Hall
* Work with the BiBoroughICT service to expedite investigations of incidents logged by senior managers at WCH
* Be available on site for the diagnostics of the issues and to provide a friendly customer experience.
* detailed and current knowledge of technologies used in the modern workplace including AV etc. Strong focus on fast-paced delivery and problem solving skills * experience of working at an enterprise level with suppliers & vendors
* extensive knowledge of technology infrastructure preferably working as a third line engineer
* C level communication and negotiation
* experience of working in large and complex organisations in ICT function . Experience of a customer-centric approach Outputs:
* Clear and demonstratable ability of resolving issues
* A report with a list of issues and investigation
* A report with recommendations for fix and resolution of incidents and quick actions . A plan of action for the next 3-6 months and the long term to enable the council to be a world class employer and empower staff to be their most productive through technology.
Please note expected daily rates need to be sent with CV applications.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.