19 days ago
You'll be supporting Westminster City Council with the ongoing COVID-19 response and will be part of a multi-disciplined dedicated team working on COVID-19 comms. Your role will be to support on the implementation of communication activities across council channels, focusing on driving the uptake of vaccinations and testing, encouraging safer behaviours and supporting businesses, residents and visitors to understand the latest Public Health guidance.
The role includes:
* Identifying the most effective strategies, channels and tools to engage audiences, influence perceptions, change behaviour or deliver policy
* Developing a range of coordinated activity across the marketing and communications channels (including digital, newsletters, media and social outputs)
* Monitoring and reporting on effectiveness of communications and making recommendations to maximise engagement
* Working closely with internal teams in Public Health and Community Engagement as well as external teams including the NHS, DHSC and UKHSA to deliver the latest messaging
* Collaborating with other Senior Strategic Communications Officers and reporting into the Strategic Communications Managers Experience required:
* 2-3 years experience of working in communications using a variety of tools, techniques and channels with minimal supervision
* Experience writing content including for websites, social media channels and newsletters
* Experience liaising with a range of different stakeholders both internal and external
* Experience working for local authority/ies or public organisations
* Experience working on COVID-19 or Public Health communication is desirable but not essential
* Educated to degree level or hold a marketing/communications qualification or equivalent by experience This is a flexible hybrid working role, however following the latest Government guidance, the role is currently remote (with the option to work at City Hall if desired).
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.