£350 - £450 per day
2 months ago
The Corporate Strategy & Transformation (CST) team sits in the Policy, Performance & Communications directorate. The team is responsible for supporting the definition, design and implementation of the Council's transformation portfolio and the continued development of the Council's Project Management Community.
This is an opportunity to work on the council transformation portfolio including The Westminster Way, the exciting people development programme, which will deliver the vision to make Westminster a great place to work.
The council is currently delivering a number of significant and exciting programmes that will improve our resident's lives and the services it delivers.
To help ensure success, CST is either leading projects and programmes, or providing support to the delivery leads.
This is an exciting time for the team with a number of large, complex, interesting and exciting pieces of work coming up. Your work would likely include leading on projects, supporting programme leads, researching best practice, developing key documentation, engaging with services around the council, and shadowing frontline teams. You will also have the chance to work on Directorate based projects.
This can be a development opportunity for the right person who displays the right qualities, is tenacious, wants to help and support programmes and projects, and has a real passion and interest in project management.
The scope of this role can be flexed to suit your needs, that is, this is an opportunity that you can help shape to ensure you get the most from it.
- Working as part of a programme team you will have responsibility for running and delivering key projects identified as part of The Westminster Way
- Maintaining an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact
- Reporting on project progress through highlight reports and end-stage assessments
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- Managing the production of the required deliverables
- Managing project administration
- Working as part of the Corporate Strategy and Transformation team you will have responsibility for delivering and supporting the corporate portfolio of change
- Help develop and actively contribute to the transformation portfolio through cross-departmental and multidisciplinary working
- Matrix manage project teams, driving forward performance by setting high standards, developing individuals' capabilities and supporting the team to be productive and accountable for their decisions
- Undertake any other duties as may be required by line manager
- To be an excellent role model for junior members of the team, supporting their development where possible
- Line management of one project officer
- Project management knowledge (essential)
- Project management experience (essential)
- Experience of or an aptitude for project or programme development and delivery
- Maintaining partnerships and productive working relationships with senior managers and/or Members, communities, partner organisations
- A focus on delivery, whilst managing multiple pieces of work at any one time and to prioritise tasks on multiple projects, responding to changing demands promptly and effectively
- Strategic thinking skills: the ability to take a fresh perspective
- Confident and positive approach to leading a project team
- The ability to draw broad and novel insights from large and complex sets of data
- Outstanding verbal, written, listening and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including O365 and SharePoint.
- Project management qualification (desirable)
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.