Up to £500 per day
4 months ago
Duties for this role will be to;
- Manage work with Budget Managers to confirm savings proposals and capital projects, assist with costing potential pressures and saving, actively participate in regular meetings with business area to challenge and scrutinise monitoring figures, undertake service analysis to support the year-end position and the Accounts
- Anticipate and identify key financial issues and risks affecting the business which require attention, resolve issues with Senior Managers and identify mitigating actions to ensure net expenditure is within budget, escalate to Strategic Finance Manager and other senior colleagues any business issues not resolved by Service Managers
- Be an effective liaison point between the business and the MSP Intelligent Client Function function in Corporate Finance with regards to Managed Services activity, work collaboratively with the Managed Services Programme (MSP) Intelligent Client Function (ICF) to ensure completion of all statutory returns
- With the Commercial and Corporate Finance Teams, produce financial and commercial analysis to support the financial strategy, decision making and service reviews. Deliver robust financial and commercial analysis for business cases including signing-off financial implications for reports, Gateway Reviews etc
- Manage financial modelling of new services or changes to existing services including impact from specific legislation /policy changes, assess implications for the Council
- Provide support (guidance, encouragement, challenge and advice) to Budget Managers during budget preparation, monthly monitoring, year-end and closure of accounts - helping them to understand the financial information required and processes to be followed.
- Attend and provide financial and commercial advice at Service Area Management Meetings, Gateway Reviews, Approval Boards, and Project Teams as appropriate
- Provide advice on application and interpretation of financial regulations and standing orders and the Council's financial procedures and practices
- Proactively manage the day-to-day performance of staff within direct control (reward good and address poor performance) including recruitment, appraisal, conflict resolution and ensure continuing professional development of self and team
- Look for opportunities to implement continuous improvement so that Westminster Finance can be best in class.
You must be a qualified Accountant for this role.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.