Up to £600 per day
8 days ago
This role will initially be for three months with the possibility of extension beyond this.
To work with Directors of Public Health (DsPH) across South West London (SWL) to provide public health leadership and expertise to support the development of the South West London Integrated Care System (SWL ICS) so it improves population health and tackles inequalities. This includes:
- Contributing to and influencing the development of system wide strategies, plans and programmes
- Helping develop the ICS approach to tackling inequalities particularly through a focus on wider determinants
- Ensuring the development and embedding of a successful population health management approach
- Building a focus on prevention and early intervention
- Supporting the development of an effective approach to monitoring progress of the ICS in improving outcomes for residents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate public health expertise into key SWL ICS programmes, strategies and groups working closely with DPHs, wider borough partners including politicians, NHS and wider ICS partners
- Support the development of an effective population health management approach across SWL, in particular ensuring this is fully joint between health and local authorities, working closely with the interim ICS SRO for Population Health Management and PHM Steering Group
- Ensure public health input into the development and operation of the SWL ICP including the development of an integrated care strategy
- Lead public health input into the development and delivery of the SWL ICS Strengthening Communities Programme
- Help shape the ICS approach to effectively tackling health inequalities; in particular the focus on wider determinants
- Lead and oversee system level data analyses to help understand key issues and challenges and inform solutions
- Work with SWL NHS to ensure access to NHS data for public health analyses
- Facilitate sharing of evidence, good practice and intelligence across SWL
- Develop longer term proposals for public health input into the ICS - by September 2022
- Support sub-regional response to Covid pandemic particularly full and equitable take up of Covid and Flu vaccinations
- Manage health inequalities analyst.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.