2 months ago
Duties will be to be;
- Responsible to the Property Accounts Manager for providing effective accounting and financial control over all aspects of the pre and post-sales functions necessary for management of leasehold properties.
- Supervises 2 x Property Accounts Officers (Scale 6/SO1 & SO2/PO1) together with temporary assistants and trainees as allocated, undertaking training as necessary.
- Responsible for the preparation of pre-sale notice of estimates, pre-assignment information, service charge adjustments, major work final accounts and freehold reversions statements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all additional units which have been created throughout the year are taken into account for service charge percentages and calculations including all new completions. Updates systems and notifies interested parties including residents as required.
- Acts as a contact point for advising on service charge calculation and practices giving advice, guidance and direction to colleagues in Finance and Housing department on proposed changes.
- Assists in the annual service charge billing processes, ensuring deadlines are met in producing the annual summaries of cost and current year estimates.
- Ensures the accurate apportionment and allocation of relevant service chargeable costs are applied to appropriate databases, spreadsheets, accounts and records, relating to the annual service charge bills, giving guidance when necessary.
- Be familiar with the operation and requirements of the service charge computer system, providing training and assistance for staff together with back up cover in their absence.
- Be an authorised super user for the service charge system, with ability to authorise changes to data, carry out mass calculations, change system parameters and control input/output data.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.