£20 - £22 per hour
24 days ago
3. To ensure the provision of a quality service to care leavers through use of you knowledge and experience of working within the framework of legislation, guidance and local Leaving Care procedures.
4. To carry a caseload of up to 25 young people as allocated by the Manager. To offer a PA service for all young people referred to the Leaving Care Service, working alongside their Social Worker whilst the young person is eligible, and then taking on case responsibility for young people once they are no longer looked after.
5. To determine the young person's access to any other source of support e.g. relatives, friends, and local community.
6. Assess the needs of all allocated care leavers eligible for assistance and to provide appropriate packages of support and care.
7. To undertake direct work with young people as part of an allocated caseload in order to meet the goals and objectives of the young person's Pathway Plan.
8. To enable care leavers to maximise their independence and where appropriate to provide or arrange life skills training through Future First and external agencies.
9. Report child protection and safeguarding concerns and risk management issues to the attention of the Manager in line with agency procedures, as necessary.
10. To keep up to date with any changes to legislation for care leavers and Asylum & Immigration legislation.
11. Maintain an interest and good working knowledge of benefits, training/employment, housing and health issues affecting young people.