£28 - £30 per hour
19 days ago
The London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and London Borough of Wandsworth present a unique opportunity to be part of a team who are working together to create a ground-breaking shared staffing structure across both boroughs.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Occupation Therapist to join our Occupational Therapy Service working with older people and younger adults with physical disabilities leading on Care Act assessments, support planning and case management.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. To undertake and complete specialist Occupational Therapy assessments of people with physical disabilities in their homes.
2. To hold a caseload appropriate to the level of expertise, experience and to provide ongoing expert OT advice and case liaison with colleagues and partner staff.
3. To deal with telephone and email queries in a timely manner.
4. To make recommendations of how to meet clients' eligible needs making best use of resources.
5. To recommend and provide OT equipment and make recommendations for minor and major adaptations.
6. To respond appropriately to urgent referrals and prioritise workload in response to levels of risk and duty of care.
7. To provide formal clinical supervision and ongoing informal advice to a Social Care Assessor and provide support to colleagues in teams across the Directorate.
8. To make further referrals where appropriate internally and externally.
9. To respond appropriately to urgent referrals and prioritise workload in response to levels of risk and duty of care and take part in OT Duty rota
10. To complete Moving and Handling assessments and provide relevant support and advise to carers and family
If you are interested in this role please send your CV in the first instance.