Up to £38 per hour
about 2 months ago
Working with the Team Manager, key partners and stakeholders to help support young people in the community. Offering guidance to the Personal Advisers in the team, enabling them to support care leavers to make a successful transition to adulthood. Also, to help develop new opportunities for young people to meet their identified needs and be actively involved in interdisciplinary work with specialist health, housing, education and employment services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Line management of Personal Advisers, including the provision of high quality supervision and support for case management to ensure the development of a skilled and effective workforce
- Regularly liaise with key teams within Wandsworth, with a particular focus on Youth Support and Children Looked After Team Managers to ensure smooth transition arrangements for case transfers
- To support the development and maintenance of a positive working culture within the team, to ensure staff are motivated and deliver high quality services that respond positively to the needs of the service users
- Facilitate regular Performance and Development meetings for all staff, identifying and meeting their learning and development.
- To support the implementation of a staff rota to provide appropriate telephone cover for evenings and weekends working in accordance with safe practice and the London Borough of Wandsworth Lone Working policy.
- To ensure there are file systems and information sharing protocols with referrers and that these systems are used in line with contractual requirements by all staff
- To deputise for the Team Manager in his/her absence.
- To support the development and delivery of a service plan that has clear targets and which will meet the requirements of the service and Future First strategic targets.
- To support the development of the service in line with nationally and locally agreed standards, performance targets and relevant legislations achieving an equitable, quality service, managed within allocated budgets.
- To optimise the use of current resources and to develop new opportunities for young people to further meet their identified needs. To be involved in inter-disciplinary work in support of specialist health, housing and education, training and employment services and developments as required, including leading on some thematic areas of work.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.