£40 - £45 per hour + Depending on Experience
17 days ago
Treasury Accountant - Camden Council - Up to £45ph!
This role is reponsible for managing the Council's debt and investment portfolios. On a day to day basis this means managing the Council's cash flow position to ensure surplus cash is invested in line with the Council's counterparty list and all transactions are executed correctly and within the control environment. The post holder will be responsbible for monitoring to senior officers and several committees including audit and corporate governance, cabinet and Council. The Treasury Accountant will also deal with full reconciliation of the treasury codes, financial accounting and all year end entries.
- To manage the Council's cash flow on a daily, medium and long term basis within the parameters of the Treasury Management Strategy
- To ensure security of the Council's investments and secure the best rates of interest after that primary goal is met
- To understand the financial environment and its impact on the Council's treasury activities
- To understand the Council's debt requirements and advise senior officers on how to finance borrowing requirements
- To understand and analyse the Council's balance sheet position and use this to inform the treasury position
- To be responsible for the control environment of the treasury function and financial reporting for the treasury management function
- To support the Head of Treasury and Financial Transactions with the strategy for treasury management
- To provide advice on leasing, private finance initiative and other financing routes
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout the UK giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.