Trafford, Greater Manchester
£40 - £45 per hour
19 days ago
Our client, Trafford Council is looking for a Service Manager to join their children team.
In Early Help & Children's Social Care, we are committed to delivering the right support at the right time, first time, and in the most effective way for children and families who need support. We aim to use the least intrusive approaches possible to safely ensure children grow up in an environment where they are safe, happy, have positive and secure relationships and are able to fulfil their potential.
Your Main Priorities
Responsibility for the day to day management, development and co-ordination of the activities of a multi-agency team within the Children in Care service with specific responsibility for Care Leavers
Ensure the delivery of a high quality, effective and efficient service which is responsive, flexible and reflects the needs of children, young people relevant to the service and supports the delivery of the services objectives.
Develop and facilitate close working relationships with partner agencies, from both the statutory and voluntary/community sectors to ensure that integrated support is being provided to service users and their families to achieve the required outcomes.
Oversee the delivery of services for service users and their families/carers based on an assessment of need and within available resources.
Ensure the management of appropriate services for Care Leave
- To provide a purposeful, professional social work service within a multi-agency team to children in need and their families, including the assessment of their needs, in accordance with statutory requirements and within the service procedures/guidelines.
- Ensure the delivery of services continuously improves the quality of life outcomes for service users
- Operationally manage a team within the service to ensure the most effective service contribution to a range of service provision.
- Continually review the operational effectiveness of the contribution of the teams to integrated multi-disciplinary pathways and plans of care and to implement required improvements
- Actively support the Strategic Lead to ensure the service complies with OFSTED Standards and other national targets.
- Deputise for the Strategic Lead when required.
- Lead on the management of specific projects or speciality as defined within the service portfolios supported by the Strategic Lead, colleagues and service leads.
- Support the on-going development of the service in response to service user feedback and national policy developments.
- Develop effective relationships with service users, partners, other service providers and commissioners.
- Work with the Strategic Lead and the and other key staff to plan, co-ordinate and develop contribution of the Children in Care service
- Work with the Strategic lead and other key staff to contribute effectively to the business and service development planning process, taking account of National and local targets.
- Work with the Strategic lead and other key staff to implement policies and procedures to ensure all staff function effectively and safely to implement and monitor governance and risk management standards for the Service.
- Advise the Strategic Lead on issues of service delivery, including shortfalls, service pressures and to propose and implement remedial action, as appropriate.
- Negotiate with health and social care professionals, service users and other agencies in developing multi-disciplinary and inter-agency team working.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.