Tower Hamlets, London
Up to £450 per day
about 2 months ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide management, commercial, and procurement support to the Facilities Management operation and wider property asset management function by;
- Managing the Procurement and Commercial support functions and deliver the section's commercial strategy;
- To act as the department's specialist adviser on performance and contract management issues and practices and to ensure compliance in procurement and contract matters.
- To provide a comprehensive performance and contract management service in support of the Corporate Landlord model;
- To provide budgetary and financial reporting support for Facilities Management
- To provide leadership for the postal and logistical support services within Facilities Management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To act as lead officer on FM procurements engaging the Procurement team. Providing data into the Forward Procurement Plan, ensuring compliance across the section on all contracts and procurement issues.
- To develop and continuously monitor performance and contracts against agreed action plans, identifying key deadlines, targets, reports and dependencies
- To identify areas of risk, ensuring that these are appropriately identified and managed using appropriate tools and techniques and that measures to mitigate risk are taken where appropriate. To evaluate and advise on the sufficiency of risk management within procurement projects.
- To provide FM Category Management to other sections of the Division and ensure customers are effectively consulted on service design and delivery and that satisfaction levels are regularly assessed. Ensure the implementation of improvements across the service
- To provide budgetary support to the section by creating reports for the Head of FM, providing appropriate budgetary challenge and identifying areas of exceptional spend to delegated budget holders, develop re-charge systems to departments ensuring all contractual costs are met. and ensuring that Finance policy and procedure is fully implemented;
- To lead on service reviews to identify non-compliant contract and performance activities and to make suitable recommendations. Ensuring that all specifications and contracts have appropriate SLAs/protocols are in place to measure performance and compliance
- Ensure that adequate Purchase to Pay processes are in place to pay supply chain partners in a timely and efficient manner and report on the section's debit and credit position
- To act as FM lead for Procurement and research practices in other Local Authorities and relevant public sector bodies to identify opportunities for framework contracts, joint procurement and other synergies to ensure economies of scale or enhanced purchasing power may be use to the Council's advantage, including piloting innovations in service delivery.