£85 - £90 per day
8 days ago
Long term perm
SEN Teaching Assistant - Team Teach trained - Required for a school in Greenwich
A lovely mainstream school located in Greenwich are looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant to start with them after the half term. The school are looking for a friendly dedicated teaching assistant who can support their pupil, you will be working 1:1 with a boy in year 5. Please note, for this role you must be Team Teach trained.
* SEN Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant - Team Teach trained
* Greenwich, South East London - Full time
* ASAP start
* £70-£85 per day, depending on experience
As an SEN teaching assistant, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities. This is the ideal opportunity to gain the necessary skills and experience for those considering applying to teacher training courses (PGCE, Schools Direct and Teach First) to further your experience working within Primary schools.
* Working on a 1:1 basis with a boy in year 5
* Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
* Making and creating resources
* Helping to raise the attainment of the students
* To work alongside and learn from a talented and supportive team of teachers
* To develop teaching techniques and communication skills
* Adapt techniques to suit learners
* To monitor and track pupil progress
* Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join the school. If this sounds like you, apply now!
The ideal candidate will have:
* NVQ Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
* Experience of working with children or young people who have SEND, specially Autism
* PECS and Makaton trained
* Team Teach trained
* A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
* A genuine passion for working with SEND
* Available to start September 2021
If you are interested, please apply below.
Remedy Education is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation