£45 - £48 per hour + Negotiable
7 months ago
Fostering Team Manager - Swindon Council - £45-£48ph
Remedy Recruitment Group is working in partnership with Swindon Social Services to recruit an experienced Fostering Manager.
You MUST have fostering management experience.
- To be responsible for the management and ongoing development of services to support the Children's Trust in delivering and improving services to children and families. This involves personally undertaking policy work, managing the effective local delivery and commissioning of services.
- Managing operational and support staff in accordance with the Performance Management Leadership Objective.
- Effective management of a budget. Ensuring that services agreed and provided are delivered according to agreed work plans within available resources.
- To be responsible for the management of local service development projects including developing and maintaining project timetables.
- To represent the Head of Service at internal and external meetings.
- To be responsible for the development and maintenance of good liaison and co-operation with the local community, community groups and other agencies and non-statutory organisations.
- To prepare and present complex reports for public law child care court proceedings, to oversee the production of such reports to a high standard by members of the team.
- To ensure that the timescales set out in the Protocol for the Judicial Management of Public Law Child Care Proceedings are met in all Public Law Proceedings.
- To be responsible for management of complex child care cases, including child protection, children looked after, children in need and as appropriate through Family Proceedings Court and the High Court.
- To prepare and write complex reports and briefing notes on operational issues for the Head of Service, task forces, external meetings, Council committees and Partnership Boards.
- To ensure that decision making in all children's matters is undertaken in accordance with legislation, local procedures and best practice.
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification
- Experience of working and managing within a changing environment including experience of successfully managing change in large organisations.
- The ability to evaluate and analyse information and make decisions in circumstances where issues are not clear-cut.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly form effective working relationships.
At Remedy Recruitment Group, you will receive a personal one-one service from your dedicated consultant.
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To find out more about this role, please call Danny Mansfield on the social care team.