about 1 month ago
Teaching Assistant - Pupil Referral Unit - East London
Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding job supporting young people with managing their behaviour?
PRUs (Pupil Referral Units) educate and support young people who have been specifically excluded from mainstream schools. Students are taught in smaller groups and are supported, both, in and out of the classroom. This role will involve supporting and motivating young people academically and emotionally.
- Passionate about supporting and inspiring young people
- Have a positive 'can-do' attitude
- Possess excellent behaviour management skills (training will be provided)
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues, students and parents
- Have a great understanding of SEN
Experience working with students with SEMH and/or challenging behaviour is essential for this role.