£75 - £85 per day
5 months ago
A lovely Primary School with excellent facilities in the Southwark area are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to start ASAP and this could run up until the end of the year. This role is initially a temporary role and could be permanent for the correct candidate. This role would be suitable for some with experience in with SEN/SEMH students and in particular students with hearing impairments as the ideal candidate will have the ability to use sign language.
This school require a SEN/SEMH specialist Teaching Assistant. Preferably, the school would like a candidate who has some experience of British Sign Language (BSL). The correct candidate would need to have significant experience providing 1-2-1 behavioural and SEN/SEMH support as they will be supporting an individual with a particular behavioural need in KS2. The correct candidate would also be expected to work with Hearing Impaired children also, hence BSL would be helpful, although not essential.
Applications are welcome from Teaching Assistants who can effectively deliver these subjects across the Primary range.
The successful teacher must have:
- The ability to communicate at a high level using sign language.
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the value of using progress data on pupil performance to inform teaching and learning will be integral to driving student performance and attainment, along with delivering effective outcomes for all students.
- As a Teaching Assistant you must be passionate about supporting students and to help them by making good use of this passion to motivate and inspire pupils of all abilities.
- Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant with SEN and SEMH Students
- Have experience of work with deaf and hearing impared students
- Be able to support students in Key Stages 1 - 2
- Have excellent inter-personal and organisational skills.
- Be an effective classroom practitioner with strong behaviour management and committed to ensuring all students succeed and fulfill their potential.
- Be able to demonstrate a range of innovative teaching and learning strategies to support pupil progress.
- Hold an Enhanced DBS (A full DBS check for the successful candidate)
This school is committed to delivering an outstanding education, with all students making rapid and sustained progress during their time at school. The SMT see the role of a school not just in terms of academic achievement, but as a platform to equip the community with skills to be life-long learners and a shared understanding of their responsibilities as global citizens.
There are amazing opportunities for career development for those teachers who commit to the ethos of the school, and the Head Teacher is proud of a record of developing teachers through phase and faculty responsibility to whole-school positions.
This school has a superb team of highly motivated staff that are fully committed to the education of the students and offer a rich, varied and engaging curriculum combined with an extra-curricular experience. They are extremely proud too of their truly comprehensive caring and inclusive school where each individual is valued. They aim to ensure that the unique potential of every student is fully realised.