Tower Hamlets, London
£70 - £100 per day
13 days ago
Teacher's Aide (SEN Support) - Tower Hamlets
Remedy Education are looking for a responsible and vivacious teacher's aide to join the team at our growing school. As a teacher's aide, you will work with students and perform additional tasks to support teachers in providing a comprehensive educational program - including providing support to students with needs Special Educational Needs.
Our ideal candidate is industrious, cooperative and knowledgeable about educational best practices and child development.
Teacher's Aide Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare materials for lessons, demonstrations, and bulletin boards
- Operate equipment including computers, printers, photocopiers, and laminators
- Ensure that students have all materials necessary for class activities
- Work with SEN students individually or in small groups for extension or remediation
- Provide extra help as needed to students with physical, mental, or linguistic limitations
- Maintain detailed records of students' progress on instructional or behavioural goals
- Supervise bus loading and unloading or car rider drop-off and pick-up
- Grade assignments and record results in school computer system
- Take daily class attendance and maintain accurate attendance records
- Collect and turn in money from students for activities and fees
- Support students with assistive devices and supportive technologies
- Coordinate with classroom teachers to determine daily tasks
- Under the supervision of specialists, execute therapeutic regimens
- Lead activities designed to foster students' mental, physical, and social development
- Supervise students in various settings including classrooms, playgrounds, and field trips
- Enforce school rules and policies
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences as requested by teachers
- Attend staff meetings, professional development, and training sessions
This would be for a mainstream school based in Tower Hamlets however supporting students with SEN aswell as mainstream students.
The SEN needs of the students range between and vary from from ASD, Downs' syndrome, Global Delay, ADHD, Challenging Behaviour and PMLD.
The contact for this role is James at Remedy Education